Before attacking myths let me say there is breaking news you will receive 9/3/13 that will radically change all MLM
There is an excellent book written by Richard Bliss Brooke’s titled ”The Four Year Career” in which he mentions a few Myths of MLM But there are More
GETTING IN ON GROUND FLOOR is the best way to success in Network Marketing Company.
I agree. This is a myth. I run to the nearest door when someone approaches me with a “Ground Floor Opportunity”! The truth is, it is the worst time to join a company when it is just getting off the ground. It won’t! Ninety-five percent of all companies, including Network Marketing companies, go out of business in their first 5 years.
These “Start Up Companies” we also refer to them has the experience, competency, staff,reliable procedures, products and efficiency that can only be developed over years.
The best time to join a Network Marketing company is usually when it is at least five years old, or backed by a larger company . By then it has demonstrated a commitment and ability to:
- Grow Ethically
- Stay in business
- Honor it’s Distributors and customers.
And yet at 5 years it still allows you the opportunity to get involved with the company before they are so well-known that everyone has either already given them a try, or decided they are not interested.
Myth # 2
Network Marketing is an opportunity for someone who is not doing well financially to make some money–maybe a lot of money. I agree to a point. If I recall correctly “The Four Year Career” mentions that people that are not doing well financially may lack the qualities necessary to make a go of it in MLM. I recognize this as truth but lies within all of us. I purposely present how to build a business and avoid some of this pitfalls. Especially with this economy for all ages it is my hope that MLM could be a pathway to succeed financially.
Most snake oil pitch men will push this concept without showing the full story of how MLM works and what causes failure. With that said, I know that MLM can with very little investment eventually build a solid business.
- But not if a person is lazy, Blunt but true.
- Lacks confidence which I lacked and borrowed from Rick, my up-line when he said he too originally lacked it and for me to borrow his story. His story goes like this . Rick had been laid off by a Tire manufacturer for 18 months when he was shown MLM. He no longer needing unemployment checks as he was making $140,000 a month and went on to sell his business for several million dollars.
- Maybe a person is broke because the are not assertive. When you know that you know MLM can work you will want to share the truth and do not let anything pull you away from your success!
- When you are financially successful you become Dynamic. Carry your dream like a neon sign ahead of all you do. Believe in it. Wake up with it, go to sleep believing it. When your checks grow you will become bullet proof in how you carry yourself and talk. To help you create the checks early on I recommend using Third Party Story Tellers from a good CD. Let their confidence sell your opportunity. Then it is just a matter of how many CD’s are out selling for you and that is a function on how your group is duplicating and the numbers grow from 30, to 100, to 300 to 1,000. Just imagine—having 1,000 salesmen building your orgainization! That will make you Dynamic!
Network Marketing success is a matter of being in the right place at the right time and luck
Champions do consistently what others do occasionally. You create the right place and the right time and the luck. When your business takes off you will recognize there were elements of luck involved but all because of how consistently you positioned your business.
The Big Guys make all their money off the Little Guys.
True. Grab onto the beauty of geometric growth of a MLM business. To everyone in your group you will be a “Big Guy”. It is an incredible industry, but also has a high failure rate, because people are not taught how to do it right and so MLM is miss-understood.
You have to have your Friends and Family to make Network Marketing work.
Absolutely not. When you build your team of 4 you are not looking for warm and fuzzy. You want motivated and bright people that want success so bad they will make it happen. With only 4 people you I doubt you will have room for friends or family. That only happens if you recruit so wide you will take anybody that says “yes“. There is a saying in MLM that you go wide for show and deep for dough. As you build down below your 4 you are going deep and deeper and deeper. Your organization will be solid and I doubt you will have time or a need to enlist your friends or family
Myth # 6
If Network Marketing worked everyone would be doing it. The market would be saturated.
The truth is although this is mathematically possible, history has proven that saturation is not an issue. There are many MLM companies listed in the book The Four Year Career which have been in business for 30 to 50 years doing billions of dollars in business with millions of sales reps. Yet you are not one of them. Nor are 270 million people in the US and .39 billion worldwide.
Well said in ”The Four Year Career” book which I consider a must read.
Network Marketine (MLM) is a Pyramid Scheme
Most large businesses, corporations and our government are modeled after a pyramid as is MLM! It is not a scheme or illegal. The fact is that all of our State’s Attorney Generals have said that MLM or Network Marketing is legal should settle this issue.
A long term job is a terrible way to make money once you know the truth. There are other myths that I have already addressed and more will pop up. Truth is going to get out!!! Stay tuned for 20 questions and answers of MLM